It's been a while since I made a post on this blog, so like the tittle says, I thought I'd give you an update on how things are going in terms of achieving my goals. So in no particular order let's review:
1. Volunteering: so I wanted to do some volunteering so I could get some experience, and try different things to help me find a job in the future, which is why I decided to volunteer at a few places and see how it goes. At the moment I've joined the writing team at CEN8, a charity that works with my university and wants to spread creativity for young people. I've been writing some reviews for the monthly newsletter (here's a link if you want to check it out). I've also applied to do some volunteering with AGE UK where I talk to the elderly in my community over the phone, that's still being set up now; so I have yet to start. Maybe in the summer I'll do some paid volunteering of paid internships?
2. Gaining confidence: Back in late January I said I wanted to be more independent with public transport and domestic life. Well, in terms of my progress, I haven't planned journeys o go to places on my own yet, or tried going on the train when it's darker out. As for the domestic life, I ordered some sharp and coloured knives and measuring spoons, and I've made some fired rice. I'm currently on my Easter holidays, so I'm hoping to do some more cooking.
|These are the knives and measuring spoons I got from Amazon.|
|This is the fried rice I made for my family, it turned out pretty good.|
3. Gaining more knowledge: In terms of gaining more knowledge, I've been reading up on what's been happening in the world which is good, but maybe I should spend more time doing it? As for Sociology (my degree subject), I haven't done much further reading on the subject, but I have PDF copies of a few books I intend to read over the summer. As for my religion, I've read a book called Fatawa: Essential Rulings for Every Muslim Woman. It was an interesting read, it's a book where scholars answer some questions people have about Islam and living as a Muslim. So I found it interesting, but I think I want to know more about the time of the prophet (SWS), and things like that, which is why I'm planning on watching a video series where they talk about all the prophets mentioned in the Qur'an. I'm a Muslim, but I think I'm a bit liberal, or open-minded. At the end of the day, I'll keep praying, learning about Islam and asking for forgiveness when I sin, because the person that will judge me is Allah (SWT), and whatever his judgement is, I'll accept it.
4. Summer Job: It's not summer yet, so I don't ave a job and I haven't started applying. I'm thinking of applying for paid work experience, paid internships, paid volunteering, so I can get paid and experience what society defines as "real" jobs.
5. writing my sequel: I have been doing some writing, albeit a very small amount. I stopped writing for a few months and only recently got back into it. University and life took over, which meant there wasn't much time for writing my story okay! In terms of progress, I'm currently on chapter 3/10, hopefully it'll be finished soon, and hopefully I'll be able to get up to chapter 5 in the summer. After that's done, I think maybe I'll publish it on Wattpad, and do a bit more writing on it, since having people read/comment on my work may motivate me to do more and get it finished.
Also, I mentioned in my last post that I made a version of this blog on wordpress, but I've deleted that now. I feel like sticking to one blog will be easier, and besides, even if nobody comments here at least someone will read it and be interested in what I have to say.
That's all I've got for this post. Bye for now!